Saturday, January 12, 2013

Waxing moon: time to make a vision board!

A beautiful idea that a friend of mine introduced to me recently was the vision board.  A vision board is  a great way to put your subconscious desires down onto a piece of card to hang above your altar or even at work (if you can get away with having a small one!).

A few months ago I was feeling really flat and a great friend of mine said that I needed to produce myself a vision board to set my goals and intentions and clearly see my heart's desire in front of me.  She grabbed a pile of magazines, pens and newspapers and we sat for ages talking, pasting and writing all over our vision boards without any conscious thought going into the process - like automatic writing.

Now that I've achieved all of the goals that I had down on my first vision board I'm now onto my second one following the new moon and into the waxing moon where intentions can be set alight and developed.

I can't recommend it enough.  I paste mine above my altar so that I can meditate on my goals and see where I have set myself for the future - which literally with pictures and powerful words to guide me.  These vision boards help to guide my workings in both low and high magick, so get started!

)O( Elspeth.

No comments: